True to form, a day later I was regretting it. My trusty PowerBook G4 really has no flaws other than being made from aluminum and being a bit too slow to play 1280x720 or 1920x1080 HD video. OK, that last bit is really frustrating since I love watching high definition
The thing is, I really wanted a black Mac but paying the extra $200 Canadian for an extra 40 Gig of hard drive space and some black plastic was too much for me to swallow. So I did the "smart" thing and ordered the white MacBook, which is clearly the best value. Except the next morning I saw the white MacBook of a fellow law student (Tara) and the damn thing was filthy. Aside from a general griminess that she said came from normal use, it had ink all over its right corner. Tara said the ink was just incidental ink that had been on her palm when she touched the machine. Sigh. My trusty aluminum PowerBook could shrug off anything. A little buff and it was looking new again.
Hopefully I'll be so dazzled by the newness of my MacBook when it arrives that I'll forget about how shiny my trusty old PowerBook was.
No comments:
Post a Comment