Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lawyer nomads?

I just came across a site run by and for people who do the ultimate telecommute, selling all their possessions and heading out on long-term travel, all while working. I'm quite intrigued. Years ago I knew someone who spent short stints working as a professional in various US cities. There was demand in her profession for short-term contracts and her skills were 100% transferrable (she is an occupational therapist) so she went to a head-hunter who found jobs for her all over America. Nice.

The wandering professionals described in the site above take this a bit further, taking their show on the road for years at a time and practising their crafts via laptop and Internet. With that flexibility one can head virtually anywhere and survive on much less money.

Hmm... How can I wrangle such a lifestyle while involved in the legal field? I have 2 years to figure it out.

No comments: